This year has just been plain crazy. Honestly last year I could never have imagined what the next year would bring. I had this Bigger, Smaller life plan ready to go and then whap, right in the face, everything changed, twice. There were times I really didn't know how I was going to make it through, but surprise (at least to me), I did. With all the struggling I think I have done pretty well. And I am grateful.
So, this Thanksgiving, while things are so different, I do have much to be grateful for:
- For my Pops, the very best, loving Dad a girl could ask for, and his improving health.
- For great doctors who care and for cancer treatments that have been doing their job.
- For learning that I can pick myself up, brush myself off and keep moving forward. Mom always said I was stronger than I give myself credit for, now I believe her.
- For the lessons I have learned about friendship, accepting that not all friends can be all things, but that it is extra special when you find one that loves you for all that is you.
- For the chance to watch my niece reach out for her dreams and grab a few.
- For reconnecting with my faith.
- For the everyday things I used to take for granted, my house, my paycheck, my cozy flannel pjs, a full pantry etc.
- For my little old man neighbor who watches my house and does things like put my paper by more door, rake my leaves, trim my tree, unplug the garden hose when it gets cold and take packages inside when it rains.
- And for the Angel I feel with me every day.
Oh, almost forgot, I am thankful for this community. Thank you for letting me be a part of it, for giving me encouragement and for so much inspiration, crafty and otherwise.