I am such a bad blogger... this is going to be my second post without a photo. Oops. There were photo ops early in the weekend, but then the rain came and set up shop.
When I posted my tentative to do list for my long weekend, I got a few responses wondering if I would even get any of it done. I totally understand that, because sometimes things just don't go according to plan. And this weekend was the same way with the rain, but I did get a ton done and even some of it was from my list:
• no alarm clock! this was the best, even if my internal clock goes off much earlier than it used to.
• comfy clothes and flip flops. This weekend was all about tank tops, shorts, yoga pants, flip flops and slippers. It was really hard to put work clothes back on this morning.
• tons of yard work. I planted geraniums in my front pots, mowed the yard and edged (this is not fun with overgrown zoysia. I swear if you gave it the chance it would grow a plush lawn over the entire sidewalk). I even power-washed the west fence, back steps and garage before the rain came on Sunday. There is still more power-washing to come, but goodness is it fun to see a bright white vinyl fence and old wood steps look like new wood again (now only if the rain would stop and let it dry out so I can waterproof it).
• spent Saturday afternoon and evening with Pops.
• organized my work clothes closed and recaptured the guest room bed from the piles of clothes on it. I need to find a good place to donate my too large clothes as I do not ever want to give myself the opportunity to fit in them again.
• finally cut up the watermelon yesterday and enjoyed a bowl and brought one with me to work today. I will be eating this all week.
A few things I added (I blame the rain for these):
• finished a collage project I have been working on for a while
• caught up on laundry
• cleaned the entry closet
• organized my embroidery floss
• took in the recycling
• caught up on season finales
• general house cleaning
Things I skipped:
• shopping at JoAnn's. I realized I had plenty of supplies and projects to finish before I even think of letting myself inside that new superstore.
• with all the rain, I wasn't able to put together the new patio chairs
• didn't start any summer sewing projects, but dreamed about them
Do you ever wonder how things get so unorganized and out of hand? I have been feeling that way for weeks. I have been overwhelmed by rushing from place to place that things just keep piling up. This weekend gave me the opportunity to catch up on a lot of it. There is much more to do, but I feel like I have really made a dent and will continue to make progress.
How was your weekend?